Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, August 26, 2013

August 19th Update

Hey family!

Spring is on the way here, and I'm pretty excited about it. Heavenly Father has really been helping us in the work. We got the BEST reference in the world: Her name is Mariana, and she is one of the coolest Chileans that I've ever met. She's the kind of person that even if I wasn't a missionary, I'd still love to hang out with her all the time. She's 22 and just trying to figure life out. And she doesn't know it yet, but a year from the 6th of September she is totally going on a mission.

My first seminary teacher was the best. He always drew these crazy drawings up on the whiteboard, and for some reason this helped me remember his lessons better. I still always remember when we came in and he had drawn this big football helmet. That lesson was all about how we are all actually on the same side. That a lot of times in life we start fighting between each other, but that's when we've got to remember that we're all on the same time. We are meant to help each other. It never should be me against that other guy that I want to punch in the face. We've always got to remember that the atonement not only works for us, but it should work for others, too. As long as those who have wronged us are trying to repent, we as well should support them in their efforts. I've been reading the new testament, and one of the things that stuck out to me that Christ said is that He invites us to feed the needy and the things we always hear. But He also invites us to visit those that are in prison. I think He was trying to say we've got to support people in their efforts to repent.

Sometimes, that can be so dang hard! You just want to keep being bitter. It takes a lot of effort, but life is definitely more enjoyable when we can have charity and love in hearts for everybody that is around us. I'm learning that. And I'm working on it. We'll still be doing that all our lives, right? Forgiving and being forgiven. And finding joy in the journey. Good stuff. 

Love you all!

Hermana Lovell 

No comments:

Post a Comment