Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Onward, ever onward

It's finally here! I enter the MTC this very day. I've been cramming the very last few things I wanted to get done this week, even though I had two months to get ready. Oh well :) Honestly, I'm sure I've had the basics of all I needed gathered up about 3 weeks ago. I've just been fine tuning, that's all! I'm pretty much packed right now. John Mayer's new album and a whole lot of Coldplay have made great packing music.

It has been TERRIFIC being able to be with so many people I love. My crazy wonderful friends, and my ever constant, incredible family. So often I catch myself thinking, "Wow, how in the world did I get so lucky to have the family I do?" I love them all, right down to Baby Mac, my new tiny nephew. They all teach me something in their own way. As I was getting ready yesterday, Regina Spektor's "The Call" popped into my head. To me, it's the perfect underscoring to going on a mission. I'm leaving behind so many people I love, but I know why it's worth it to me. I'm out to become a true, sanctified disciple of  Christ. I'm sharing His words weaved into my own testimony.  I 'll miss everybody, but I'll be back! "No need to say goodbye" :)

I know there will be so many things that are completely unexpected, but I also know Heavenly Father will lead me ever onward, just like He has in the past. He'll lead you, too! All you need to do is trust Him. Just a little courage and your life will be better than you could have ever imagined.

I'm ready to completely lose myself in the work. It'll be hard. It might be scary. But I know it'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment