Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012

Hola everybody!
 
I have my flight plans! I leave Monday the 20th at 6 AM. My flight from here to LA starts at 10. I´ll be in LAX till 1:25. Then I'll have a flight from 1:25 PM to 5:40 AM to Santiago, and then from 8:20 AM to 9:35 AM I have a flight to Concepcion, Chile. It's here. I'm going out into the world and spreading the gospel with anybody and everybody. I can't wait!! I've learned quite a bit here at the MTC. Like my wise twin Brittany said to me, "The MTC is not a place to be perfect, it's a place to change." I'm definitely not perfect, but I am working hard to change myself to become a better servant of the Lord. Being this means more to me than anything else. Some things I've learned here.....
 
When you're teaching others, or even just trying to get to know people, you have to try to relate to them. Understand them. And NOT judge them. Everybody wants to be understood. Sometimes, when it feels like I can't quite do that, I think of the Savior. I pray for the strength to look past how people are right now, and see them how they could be as they come to understand the truthfulness of the gospel.
 
You'll never know what the blessings of sacrifice are if you don't ever sacrifice anything. It's so easy to want to keep everything the same you have now. My quirks, my sarcasm, my pet peeves. My little things that aren't 100% awesome, but aren't bad. But I know that I'll never know how much better life can be unless I let go of what I am now to become something greater. It's been hard, but I definitely am recieving the witness after "the trial of my faith".
 
I got a package from the fam this week. Oh. Man. I cannot tell you how much that means to me. I LOVED getting all those pictures. I can never have enough pictures of you all. I love you all, so much. You are so wonderful, and I can't believe how lucky I am to have you all in my life! Thank you so much for that. Honestly, YOU, fam-fam, is what gives me a lot of my strength. It's such a blessing to have you, and I want others to have forever families, too. Thank you for who you are, and being in my life!!
 
Well, I guess I'll talk to you from Chile next :)
 
Hasta luego,
 
Hermana Lovell

No comments:

Post a Comment