Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 10th Update

Hey everybody!

Another week done and gone. This one went a little faster than the others. It´s probably because I´m starting to be able to understand people better. I´m still not fluent in Spanish, but the gift of tongues sure is real. I compiled a list of some of the things I´ve learned this week, and I´d like to share it with you:

1 The times where the night is darkest and it´s rainy and cold, that´s the best time to give everything you have. You have to make room for miracles in your life, and they´ll come!

2 Sometimes there´s a whole bunch of clutter that can cloud up our minds. It makes it hard to think, and hard to remember the things that matter MOST. That´s the time to take a step back, and get on your knees. And that´s where ¨your spiritual balance can return¨. (Elder Andersen)

3 As long as we´re trying to make every day our best, and doing all we can to follow Heavenly Father, we can be happy with our efforts everyday

4 Life is a zillion times better when you´re a hardworking optimist

5 Be an active listener, and really seek to understand what people say with and without words

6 Even if you don´t agree with other people´s points of view, you can still teact them with love and respect

7 Pride stinks. Get rid of it STAT. 


I memorized this and say this sometimes.

¨If only we could glimpse what the Lord has in store for us, not only in this life, but in the next. Our hope would be unshakable and despair would never overcome us.¨ 
President Uctdorf and ¨The Infinite Power of Hope¨

This helps me see all the wonder and magic that´s right in front of my face everyday. There´s no reason to fear, because I know everyday that Heavenly Father knows me. He sees me. He loves me, and as long as I do my best to follow His will, my life will always be something incredible. I know this is true for you, too. Pray. Love. Enjoy this life to the fullest by keeping the commandments. 

I love you, and I´m praying for you. 

Love, 

Hermana Lovell

PS Shout out to Bailey for being the first person to utilize Dearelder! Bailey, you´re crazy! And my companion thinks I´m a little crazy too for how much I laugh when I read your letters! I´m not sure how long letters take from here to there, but you better believe I´ll write you back. 




Me and Hermana Almaeda! We are bffs for life. She can speak English and she knows American culture. Who knew I´d miss having girls around me who knew what pinterest was, and understand all my super funny English jokes? :) <

No comments:

Post a Comment