Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, May 6, 2013

April 29th Update

 
So, I know you've been all holding your breath but....
 
FLOR GOT BAPTIZED!!!!! 
 
Along with her beautiful daughter, Solange. It was so so great. I love them so, so much. They have so much faith. They're excited to get to know other people in the ward. It was incredible.
 
We're looking to help Johana and Jorge get baptized this Saturday! They told us last Sunday that they wanted to be baptized. Isn't that GREAT!?! They are the cutest little family. They are taking everything really seriously and really want to be prepared. There really isn't anything that brings more happiness than the people that you love make good decisions for their lives.
 
Conti is just starting to get cold. I never realized that I really don't like being cold until now... But! Here's the thing: Cold didn't really bother me in the US. I liked it really. Know why? Because it was CHRISTMAS SEASON. Solution: Me and my comp will be listening to Christmas music for ALL of winter here. Merry Christmas, everyone.
 
Did you know you can be unhappy even you really have a successful life? I sure knew that before the mission, too, but true story. Sometimes, even if it seems like we have everything we could ever want, we can still feel unhappy. Happiness isn't just a feeling, or something that comes and goes. Happiness should be a state of being. It doesn't matter if terribly frustrating things are going on in our lives. We can at the least have the peace in our hearts that the gospel can bring us. Of course there are painful things that happen in life, and we definitely have to work through our feelings and not just throw them under false pretentions of perfectionism, but because of the atonement of Jesus Christ we have the opportunity to feel peace amidst our storms.
 
Humility really is the way to happiness and spiritual growth.
 
Men are that they might have joy.
 
I think those are definitely underlying themes of my mission thus far :)
 
Humility is really just our opportunity to accept ALL that the Father has for us. And that will always be better what we can choose for ourselves.
 
I love you guys! Keep me updated on the changes in your life. It's crazy to think that life still changes there, too :)
 
Hermana Lovell
 

No comments:

Post a Comment