Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

April 1st Update


Hey folks!
Here we are Conti. It's starting to get a little cold, here. We've got some pretty misty days because of how close we are to the ocean. 


Did you all enjoy Easter!? I actually love Easter. I love to really feel like I know my Savior, and He is watching out for me. I know He is. And I know the more we try to become like Him, we can strengthen our relationship with Him. Our Brother. 


http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/ces-devotionals/2013/01/that-we-might-not-shrink-d-c-19-18?lang=eng


Read or listen to this talk. I think it is so incredible. I think a lot of times we can be frustrated because our righteous desires are not fulfilled. That is has got to be because of our imperfections, our lack of faith, that we don't receive them. But it's more than that. We can have all the faith in the world, but we need to have faith in the right things. We cannot have conditional faith. We all have situations that are difficult, when we don't understand why we can't have the good and righteous things that we are trying to accomplish with everything we have. But if we can be as the Savior, to have the faith to drink the bitter cup, and "shrink not" we will not have to fear. It's okay if we aren't giddy or just absolutely excited to go through the trials of our lives, but as we have the faith to put our faith in the will of the Lord, and not the desires of our own lives, we will be able to find a peace that we can not find otherwise. 


I love you! Keep praying. Have the best day ever! Wherever in the world you are.


Love,
Hermana Lovell 

No comments:

Post a Comment