Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8th Update


General Conference!
I sure was pretty giddy to watch conference. And to watch it English :) I think General Conference Weekend is right up there with Christmas time for me. I LOVE CONFERENCE. I'm crazy about it. I love the perspective that it gives me. I love that Heavenly Father really does want to give us the specific answers that we need to recieve from Him. I sure know that He really knows us, and wants to support us. As we make room to have spiritual experiences in our lives, we are choosing to be lead by the Lord to become the people we need to be. Who He needs us to be, to continue accomplishing His purposes.
And His pathways always lead to happiness!!
We had some serious up and downs with Clara, Luis, Jorge, and Johanna. Clara and Luis are going to get married so Clara can get baptized, and Jorge and Johanna are married. And they all live in the same apartment. Jorge and Johanna have been kind of luke warm about everything, while Clara has been really excited. We promised them that all the doubts that they had could be answered by conference. And then they didn't come Saturday! We went there in the night, and they were acting silly. Clara was saying she really wasn't going to get baptized on the 20th, but just was getting married. And then Jorge and Johanna were basically saying "no" to a baptism in the near future. They came to conference on Sunday, and it got a little better . Clara is back on for the 20th! And, I think Jorge and Johanna are really starting to try to develop their faith. You could pray for them. They need it :)
FLOOOOOR! She is still A+ wonderful. She is such a crazy wonderful woman. After the first session on Sunday, she came up to us and gave us a big long hug. (Which usually people don't give long hugs. Or real hugs. I've stressed a couple people out here when I've tried to give a hug.) And she was crying, and said "Thank you. I don't have any doubts, now. Thank you for helping me find the truth." Talk about a beautiful experience. She's going to be baptized on the 20th, too.
I'm training again! Hermana Gomez is off to my old sector! To be with the entranee of Hermana Quiroga, my old comp! Weird, right? I'm going to go pick up my new comp in Concepcion tonight.
Still working hard! Still learning how to make Christ more centered in my life.
I love you all, and pray for you. I hope you are all well!
Hermana Lovell
PS Okay all my friends! Why don't ya all just get married while I am gone!!!! Ha ha. I wish I could be there to party it up with you, but, we'll just have to wait a little while. I expect many a good time with blind dating all the friends of your spouses. Just kidding. Kinda. Congratulations, Celeste, Courtney, and Natalie!
PPS Did you guys know you can write me now? I LOVE getting letters still, but you can write me at ashley.lovell@myldsmail.net, too. Celeste, Court, and Natalie! Write me so I can tell you congratulations for reals and have your addresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment