Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012

Hello everybody!
 
Another week done and gone. This one was a little different than others. My companion and I all both got terrific colds. For some reason, I'm happier when I'm sick. I realized it probably was because I'm way more humble when I'm sick. It's hard to feel super cool when you're blowing your nose every minute or so :) I'm recovering, but it was definitely kind of weird to realize that I was happier when I wasn't even caring as much about things that don't really matter. Isn't that a little crazy? When I started to feel better, I wanted to remember something that would help me remember to be humble. Not something self depreciating or anything, but something to help me remember, because it is so much better when you're not worried about being the very most classy suave person ever! Then it came to me: I'm human :) We are humans here are so beautifully imperfect! Thank goodness! "Our church is a church of progression, not perfection". Sometimes I forget that, especially as a missionary. I think one of the things that helps me be best patient with myself as an imperfect missionary is feeling how patient Heavenly Father is with me. I know as I repent, forgive others, and look outward to serve His children, I can keep growing into the woman He wants me to be.
 
I've been gone over a month!! Isn't that crazy!? It really has gone by so fast. My district is still awesome. We have good times, serious times, spiritual times, and silly times. It's good stuff. Hermana Lish and I have gotten to be even better companions. We've been able to teach each other and help each other a lot. It's so fun to hear about everything that's happening in your lives. I love hearing all about everything! Dearelders are sweet. I would love pictures you send me, too. I've got less than a month till I'm at a different country, you know :)
 
Well, I think this is just going to be a short e-mail today. I'm a little short on time. I love you! I pray for you! I know that as you turn to Christ, therein lies true happiness. I know that the atonement literally heals our souls from the sins we commit. And oh, is it worth it.
 
Love,
 
Hermana Lovell

No comments:

Post a Comment