Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30, 2012

Hello everybody!
 
Today marks 3 weeks till I'm off to Chile.... No big deal :) I honestly can't wait. Am I fluent in Spanish? Well no. But I know that the Lord will help me through whatever I might face down there. Even if I spend 6 months just smiling at people, bearing my testimony, saying prayers, and having incredibly terrible grammar, I won't mind one bit!
 
I'm still loving being a missionary. It's not easy, but it's so worth it! The more and more I work at giving my heart to the Lord, the more I'm able to really feel "the fruits of the Spirit" like it talks about in Galations. It takes courage to let go of the old habits I have, but I'm sure glad I'm doing it, and learning.
 
I love you all so much. I pray for you. I think of you all, a lot. As I learn about and feel in my heart the incredible things that make up the gospel, I just hope and pray that you're taking the time to feel that, too. Because I know the Lord WANTS you to feel safe, and happy, and loved, and peace in your hearts! And He will give this to you! All you have to do is trust Him.
 
I don't really have much to write about today, but I love you. Thanks for your letters. They're SO fun to get! And I'm doing the best I can to write you back. Keep being incredible.
 
Hermana Lovell

No comments:

Post a Comment