Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, November 26, 2012

November 25th Update

Hola!

I hope you're all recovering from Thanksgiving nicely. We sang Count Your Blessings here at my request Thanksgiving day, so it's basically the same thing.

It was a great week! Do we have many people we are teaching? Why no! But did we work hard? Why yes we did! Sometimes people drop you that you were teaching, and it's pretty rough, because you start to care for these people like they're your family. But! You just keep on running :)

I LOVE a talk that Erica sent me. Shoutout to all my incredible friends prepping for missions. It's called The Fourth Missionary by Lawrence Corbridge. He was actually in the area presidency for my mission a while back. It's all about how we as missionaries can choose to have our hearts, our very character changed while we are on our missions. But I think it's a dynamite talk for anybody, just take out the contexts of missionary work and think of it of how to become more Christlike. I have loved studying it, and realizing how more and more I can give everything for this short time of my life to Heavenly Father.

Did you know that it sure doesn't matter what is going on in our life, we've just gotta choose to be happy, and focus on the things that matter most? Whenever I feel a little down, it's because I'm focusing on the wrong things. As soon as I can realize it, I snap out of it by doing everything I can to humble myself, and to focus on how much Heavenly Father loves me! Do you realize how many avenues of happiness Heavenly Father has given us? Just pick one of them and go for it, whether it be flowers, or family, or hiking, or cualquier cosa! Just take it in and love it!

One thing I did love about this talk, though, is that sometimes we don't feel like doing the things we should. Like if it's a blazing hot day, we don't have to be dilusional and say, "Hoorah! Can't wait to go outside! How wonderful!!!" Maybe every once and in a while to be silly, but it's okay that sometimes that it's hard to do the right thing. Sometimes that's what makes it all the more meaningful that we do do it. If that doesn't make sense, just read the talk :)

Be accountable with your fate. That's the way to be happy. It's always just you and Heavenly Father. Take what you've got, and run with it!

Love you all :)

Hermana Lovell

No comments:

Post a Comment