Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, November 26, 2012

November 5th Update

It is definitely getting hotter an hotter in Chile! But honestly, you´re just better off if you just embrace it. Just like there´s no heating in the houses in the winter, there sure isn´t air conditioning in the summer. And there is some serious heat going on here. But it´s okay. I keep telling Hermana Quiroga I´m going to be tanner and tanner, but she just says I´m going to get redder and redder. Time will tell. You just wait and check out the photos :) 

I´m feeling like I get the mission more and more each week. There´s less time of the feeling that I have noooo clue what is going on, and more feeling like I can do things, and help the people of Curicó grow through the gospel. It seems like in life with changes, to start off there´s that period where you just feel like you´re scared and confused and you don´t know what in the world is going on. And then, gradually, you just kind of grow out of it with time. The good news is the gospel is with us during this whole process! Heavenly Father and this gospel is all about love, trust, faith and opportunities to become better. There sure are a lot of opportunities to be better in life! But I know that as we do what President Eyring said in conference and become as little children more, we´ll always be able to conquer our challenges, and come out of them with a smile. 

This week was pretty great. We had stake conference yesterday which changed the stake presidency. Everyone was speculating like crazy all the time. I´m pretty glad it´s over. Our mission president came and spoke, too. 

Manuel, Juan Pablo, and Veronica are doing awesome. It is INCREDIBLE how the principles of the gospel, simple as they can be, can change the lives of others. They´re growing as a family. They´re healing from their mother passing away, and they´re starting to be able to look forward, instead of just tredding water. They´re going to be baptized next week. 

We teaching a jovencita named Natalia. She´s 15, and her mom is in the hospital now, and she lives with her 22 year old sister. She is a pretty strong girl! Her fecha is for the 24th. She has so much faith, and has a really strong testimony of prayer. I love her! A small part of me thinks of you, Natalie. Happy birthday, soon! She´s strong, like you, and it´s so cool to think that I could help somebody like you have you have right now!

I catch myself comparing people to my family. Getting past the language barriers, they really are just like us :) People remind of Jess, and Ben, and Clark, and Nick and Jacob and Meg and Jamie.... Probably just because I love them like I love you guys!

 Speaking of things about the fam fam, we´re going to be planning a wedding!!!! Well, not planning, but helping. The other hermanas of our house, Hermana Castillo and Hermana Almaeda, are teaching a golden couple. They aren´t married, but they want to be so as soon as possible, and then baptized. Things are going pretty good here in Rauquén. 

Today we visted siete tasas, or 7 falls. It was so fun just to play around in the forest! It looks a lot like our forests in Utah, but there are some interesting animals around. Check out my photos of my spidey friend! It was so fun, like a dream, really. But I´m excited to work and to teach and to find. 

I love you all so much. I hope life is simply wonderful. Calan Yost, this is me, asking you from Chile, to write me and tell me how in the world you are doing. And Em, and everybody! I just hope you´re doing awesome, and I would write you, but I don´t have your addresses. 

Les quiero! 

Hermana Lovell 

No comments:

Post a Comment