Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

December 24th Update

Hey everybody!

Still working hard in Rauquen, and it just happens to be CHRISTMAS!!!!! Woohooooooooo! There´s Christmas spirit even while you´re sweating buckets, looking at the little Santas everywhere in the blazing sun! Ha ha. It´s great. Actually, it looks like it´s going to rain here today and tomorrow. And when it rains. IT. RAINS. The plumbing isn´t super great in Rauquen either, so it´s just like rivers in the street. And we go out! There´s that line from The Guardian about how terrible the circumstances are for them, with all the storms and everything, and they keep saying, "And we. go. out." That´d pop into my head every once in a while.

Christmas time is different for everybody, right? We all have different circumstances, we have different countries, different languages, different people surrounding us, but the "reason for the season" is still the same. Really, we´re all here to remember our Savior. Last night, my ward had an incredible devotional about the Savior. We watched the videos from the church about the bible and heard testimonies of others about Christ. Wow. I got to remember why I´m here. Why any of us would choose to follow Christ. It´s because of His love for us. Because of His love for us, we can find within us the capacity to give everything. We love, because He loved us first.

So whether you´re a great visiting teacher or home teacher, a good brother or sister, a parent, or a missionary, it´s all for the same reason. Because we know that He´s happy as we love His children. And the love of God is greater than anything else we can ever experience. And we serve Him doing His work, we can feel that. We can be healed, lifted, and glorified.

I´m so grateful for my Savior and His sacrifices for me. I know He´s teaching me as I draw nearer to Him. He loves all of us so much. He knows us. Really knows us. As I watched the life of Christ, I remembered some of the harder things that I´ve gone through in life. There´s this poem that talks of a man walking along a beach with the Savior seeing the events of his life, and realizing that the Savior has carried him through the harder times. I know He´s done that for me. And He keeps doing it. I love Him so much, and I am so grateful for everything that He´s done for me.

Some missionaries are pretty sad to miss a Christmas with the family. OF COURSE I miss you, and being with you, and everything. But I guess this is just part of the sacrifice of the mission. And I think it´ll be just one Christmas. The main thing is, I don´t feel like I have any regrets with you guys. You know how I feel about you, right? You know that I love you, right? BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!! I know that the Lord is watching over you, and that you are one incredible family. I pray for you all the time, and I hope you are having the best Christmas ever.

Merry Christmas! Now go make someone´s day a little better. Like the Savior would do. Because really, it´s His day. :)

Hermana Lovell



No comments:

Post a Comment