Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Friday, February 22, 2013

February 18th Update

¡Hola hola! 

Wow, this week went by super fast. I had three days in La Florida with Hermana Almeida and Hermana Quiroga while Hermana Chavez was in Concepción for a conference for new missionaries. That was like a crazy dream like we were back in Curicó, and then we just got back to Conti with 3 days missing. 

Hermana Chavez and I are working hard! We're talking to everybody. We're planners and bug killers, although we're still figuring out the fleas. They love gringa blood... I'm still rocking like 50 bites. But! To accompany the eucalyptus leaves I have some dryer sheets. Elder Froher said it works, so... ha ha. And I spray my bed with Off every night. I'm working the system. 

We're teaching this woman named Marta! She's pretty funny. I don't think she super took us seriously until she went to a baptism. Then she said that she felt funny, and something different. We're hoping that she thinks that that's a good thing! 

We are also teaching a woman named Nancy. She still remembers about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon from 20 years back. What a winner! We taught her that when you learn things by the spirit, you really can never forget it. 

Still learning about loving every little second of every day! Well, I usually got it down most of the time, but every once in a while... But that's life, right? There are so many things that could stress us out, or make us feel less than we really are, but that's just silly. Yes, there's an opposition that is very real for our happiness, but we never need to choose to let sadness overcome us. There is always a choice. It's okay when things go bad. That happens. It's a part of life to. But that's why Heavenly Father gives us so many avenues to enjoy life! The sun still shines, we still have families that loves us. And! The gospel is still true. We will ALWAYS have the love of our Savior to give us peace and the resolve we need to become the masterpieces of God we can be! 

Love you all! Thank you for everything!!

Hermana Lovell

PS Still writing letters. Thanks so much for writing me, you crazies! :) 

PPS I've got a little flojera about posting pictures... Just check out Photobucket HERE

PPPS Shout out to the folks from Woods Cross: Mikey, er Elder Carter is my Zone Leader. Yeah, I think it's pretty funny, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment