Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4th Update - So long, Curicó!

The time has come. I´m heading out of Curico! I´ve been here for 6 months. Can you believe how fast the time has gone? Time sure is a crazy thing. I´m off to Constitución. It´s the coast! I´m pretty sure it was more or less the epicenter of the earthquake in 2010. Hermana Quiroga, my comp now, was there for her first sector. She said it was a strong ward with a lot of RMs. I´ll be with Hermana Chavez....from California!!! Her parents are from Mexico, but she grew up in the US. I´m pretty pumped because 1)She´s still great at Spanish and 2)She´ll get all my American jokes! We´ll be sharing the ward with 2 sets of Elders. So, we´ll see how that goes.

This cambio has been iiiiinterestante! At the end of a cambio, I usually try to sum up a few things about what I´ve learned. This one´s tricky to sum up, because I´ve learned a lot. But, here are some of the things.

-People have got to do the very best they can, and you´ve got to be okay with that! Even if their very best isn´t your very best. If you´re together with somebody, it seems like you should set your goals together  so that you can grow in faith together

-Just because people have different talents than you do, doesn´t make them any less or any more of a person than you are.

-It´s great to have goals! But it´s super great to have plans to back up the goals. Otherwise you don´t have goals, you just have wishes, no más.

-Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing!!! I´m pretty sure that´s from pinterest (And I´m sure a very famous philosipher or something, but it´s true. We can be worried and depressed and scared our whole lives because we´ll always have hard things happen, and they´ll keep happening, OR we can look for the adventure in everything! If we can just have faith, hope, and charity, we can face every challenge we´ve got with both eyes wide open. Life is incredible!!

-The miracle of forgiveness lets us control our own lives, and lets us be full of the love of God.

Of course we´re not capable of doing all the things in life by ourselves. We are meant to draw upon the Lord to strengthen in hard times. He promises us that we won´t be given more than we can handle, but that´s because His strength and power is infinite. The more we can humble ourselves and draw near to Him in our hearts, the more He can strengthen us, and give us the courage when we have mountains to climb. 

Curicó has been wonderful. I´ve gotten to learn a lot here. And I know that Constitución is going to be wonderful, too. Because you know what? The work of the Lord is the same. And life is the same. We´ve always got the chance to choose happiness or not. So do it! And remember that the Lord loves you and can help you through anything! And remember that I love you, too.

Hermana Lovell

PS I got some of your letters! Thank you so much for writing me! I´ll be writing you back soonish :) And! If you having a hard time, and you wrote me, know that I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!  And I´m praying for you! And I will for sure write you back ASAP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment