Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4th Update


Well, I’ve made it through the first week of training, can you believe it!? Me either. Things are definitely different now. Hermana Gomez, my comp, is from Peru. My trainer was from Peru, too. But really, it’s fine with me because Peruvians know how to work hard! Ha ha. We’ve been opening this sector for hermanas. That’s been great. The Elders were not exactly 100% squeaky clean with their area book……. But it’s okay J

We got two families to teach! What!? Isn’t that great? J Clara, Luis, and Jorge and Joanna. They all live together in an apartment. Clara and Luis have got to get married, so they want to get baptized in April. The other couple wants to wait for them. We’ve just got to keep them on the straight and narrow until then! Out of nowhere, we found the brother of Jorge yesterday contacting, and we got to teach him a lesson. Heavenly Father really does have a hand in everything.

It’s been really rough sometimes. Because now it’s feels like I’ve got a lot more responsibility on my shoulders. I got frustrated for a little bit that I couldn’t have great numbers after a few days into the week. Sometimes, when hard things happen, we forget perspective. It just feels like we’re going to be in this situation that totally stinks for. Eh. Ver. But that’s where hope comes in. And remembering that really, Heavenly Father is aware and sees you. He knows you, and He really is just trying to bless you. I can honestly say that every trial I’ve had, in the mission and in life, has blessed me to enjoy life better than I could have before. Because without the bitter, we really can’t understand and enjoy the sweet. The perspective is the key, right? It’s just about taking a step about, and realizing, “Why yes, I’m still breathing. There’s still a fight to be fought, here! And it’s not going to be forever. And God and my Savior still love me, and They’ll still support me just as much as I will let Them!” It’s really true, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. The anticipation and worry of bad things happening are usually ten times worse than the actual event.

So yeah. I’m still here. Still working hard, and learning loads. Trying my best to be my best. It’s pretty great I highly recommend a mission for all you folks out there. There really is nothing like it.

Thanks for your letters, your prayers, your love and your support. I love you so much, and I’m so grateful for all of the things I’ve learned from you. Keep chasing your dreams. I’m praying for you J

Hermana Lovell


Pretending to work out. Just kidding. We went running.
Do you work out?

When I was in the house for a week for an ingrown toenail.
It was fierce.

LOOK OUT FOR GERMAN SHEPARDS!
First dog bite of the mish. And the owner didn't even care it happened.
Every time I see it, I feel so hard core. I hope it scars.





No comments:

Post a Comment