Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 3rd Update

Well, this has been a lovely week.

I won`t pretend it was easy, because some moments seemed pretty terrible. But I know Heavenly Father gave me all of what happened so that it would all add up to be being able to enjoy every moment better. I know that He loves me, and He wants everyone to be happy and to find joy. Anything that says otherwise is a lie. I was reading in Alma today about the conversion of King Lamoni. Ammon says that is what happened:

 Now, this was what Ammon desired, for he knew that king Lamoni was under the power of God; he knew that the dark aveil of bunbelief was being cast away from his mind, and the clight which did light up his mind, which was the light of the glory of God, which was a marvelous light of his goodness—yea, this light had infused such joy into his soul, the cloud of darkness having been dispelled, and that the light of everlasting life was lit up in his soul, yea, he knew that this had dovercome his natural frame, and he was carried away in God—
Sometimes when I read this in the past, I always thought, "Yeah, that has already happened for me. That was great." But it never should be just a once in a while type of thing. Even in the mission, where we just talk about the gospel all day, it is totally possible to forget what it feels like to have the "veil of unbelief" being cast out of your perspective.
Heavenly Father does not just love the successful clean cut man or the beautiful seemingly perfect woman. He loves the broken ones, too. He loves that teenager who can never seem to make it on class on time. He loves that beggar on the street that seems like he`s not really trying to do other things with His life. He loves all of us. And it doesn`t matter how small our offering it is. If it is what we have, and we love Him and listen to Him with all our heart, it will be enough.
On a lighter note, Hermana Phelps still is ridiculously funny. We see all sorts of hooligans and funny dogs with clothes in the streets. The Pulsiphers, the 1st President and his wife in the mission, are the most WONDERFUL people ever. They invited us over for breakfast in their beautiful apartment, and we are just using their computers right now. They`ve been great to have around.
I love you all! Thanks for everything. Keep sending me pictures.

Nick! You`re freaking me out. You look like you`re 19. Get ready for your mission, pal.
Love,
Hermana Lovell

No comments:

Post a Comment