Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

May 27th Update

Well, Here I am in Chillan!
 
I'm here in Libertador. It's pretty exciting stuff. The people here are pretty lively. Every once in a while we meet a few very interesting people on the street. It rains here. It's just lovely. I love my thermals very much. 
 
Really, I'm just so pumped to just give it everything I got this week. And doing it today. Not waiting another minute to give my all to the Lord. To throw off whatever limit I've put on myself in my life, and just do EVERYTHING that the Lord has asked of me. I won't be able to do it perfectly, but if I give it my all, it'll be enough. 
 
Something that hit me this week is that life is definitely better with giving it all you have. Why yes, I know that's the thing about every entry I do for my blogs, but what do you do? 
 
I was wondering, how many times do we do things because we know we will mess up? Fact: We're going to mess up either way! It doesn't matter if we give it all or nothing, we will always be imperfect. So we might as well just take every chance we got and make the best we can with it. 
 
If we really focused on the enabling power of the atonement, that's when miracles can happen.
 
Also, lack of obedience to the rules of God really means just a lack of faith. There's really nothing more complex than that involved. And when we show our obedience, we show our faith, and we create an environment where miracles happen.
 
I love you! Hope you all have a great week. Keep praying. I would invite all of you to pray for my mission, too. We've got a really good goal for how many baptisms we would like to accomplish in June. So, if you could pray and fast for the people in our mission, and us as missionaries, it would really help us. 
 
Love,
 
Hermana Lovell

No comments:

Post a Comment