Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 28th Update

How many emergency cambios can one missionary get? I guess we'll wait and see! 

Due to a series of unfortunate events, my companion and I, and Hermana Ayuso and Hermana Snyder were all transfered out of Chillan. Why not? So now I'm in Concepciòn. Hna Romney and I got transfered together. We're taking over an Elders sector. This is my third time doing that. What a party. But it is the first time that we also took over their house. It smells so RANK! Just in some key areas, I guess. There were some wet gym shorts in the sink when we got there. What a bonus. 

We got to meet the Bishop and his wife last night. They're like 30. Hna Lorena served in Temple Square, and Obispo Riquelme served in Santiago Sur. They seem super with it. We've got an assistence of like 180. I didn't even really know that could happen in Chile! The funny thing is, for whatever reason there were just two elders there. So at the end of this week, we`ll be having the normal planned cambios. And we're pretty sure that they`ll split Hna Romney and I up and one of us will get to open a sector. I'm sure not dying quietly in the mission! 

Conce is different. The people are more city folk. I really haven`t had any of that for my whole mission, so we'll see what happens. We definitely have some good times up ahead, and we're really excited. It's definitely been a whirlwind. Good news is, Mariana is getting baptized finally this week up there in Chillan. Hoorah! It bites that I won't get to be there, but still, she`s my convert :) She's the best. 

In the mission council today, we were reminded that it`s okay if the mission sometimes is hard. How else could we be able to understand the atonement, and participate in the salvation of souls, if we did not suffer just a piece of what our Savior suffered? I don't think that means we have to go around and be depressed all the time, but I do think it means that this work is real. Service and sacrifice are required. We should love it and enjoy what we do, but the hard times are part of the experience. 

I love you all. Thanks for all your support. I hope you have a great week.

Love,

Hermana Lovell 

PS Enjoy every moment for what it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment