Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15th Update

Well! It was another week.

We had a zone conference with President and Sister Humphrey. It was awesome! It´s pretty inspiring to be hear them and talk with them. 

We had a bit of a crazy time with Raul. He´s 84, and he is the dad of one of our new converts, here. He wants to be baptized, but he just can´t quite understand things because of his age! Plus, he and his wife are topsy turvey about moving or not moving this week. We´ll see how that plays out. 

We´re teaching a mother and son, Tido and Elaina, too. They have a lot of questions, but they both got an answer that what we were teaching is true. 

It´s mid October! ¿Que raro, verdad? Time is so fast here. It´s still working up to being super hot... ha ha. Rumor has it that my part of the mission is the hottest part! I´ve already bought my sunblock to prep for it. 

I was reading a talk, and there´s this quote by Elder Maxwell that I really like: "There is a difference between being ´anxiously engaged´ and being over-anxious and underengaged." There´s so much we can focus on and try to control in this life, but we sure can´t do it all perfectly! I know that things here are busy, but I´m figuring out a little bit that I don´t need to be over anxious in order to have things work out the way they should here :) 

Also, if we want to be better people, or if we want the help of Heavenly Father in our lives to help us change, we need the Spirit with us! The Spirit speeds up spiritual growth. It sure is difficult to grow spiritually without it. 

I love you all! Hope everything is fantastic!

Hermana Lovell 

No comments:

Post a Comment