Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 22nd Update

Holan!

That`s Chilean for hola. They´re craaaazy around here. But I love them. One thing pretty funny about Chilenos, is that most of them will just start bearing their heart and soul to you about all their problems even when you don´t even know them. I´m getting some good practice in how to tactfully cut people off. Jaja :P 

But! Things here are good. We were teaching this family, Tito, Elana, and Moses, and it was going pretty great! Then they called us Saturday night and told us that they "loved us a lot", but they didn´t want to waste our time. That they talked it over as a family, and decided that they were Evangelicals. I answered the call first, and I was pretty sad. I confirmed with Elena twice, "But you know it´s all true, right?" She said yes, but didn´t want to divide the family. ¡Que foame! It was rough, because that meant we really didn´t have anyone really progressing. But during the tough times is when we can humble ourselves and focus on the things that matter. Block out all the other distracting things, and just do what the Lord wants us to do. That night we found this AWESOME 15 year old, Natalia, who came to church yesterday. And last night we found a husband with his two kids that are great, too. His wife died a year ago, and he loves her so much. It was really beautiful to teach about the Plan of Salvation to him and his family. 

We´re just working in here in good old Chile! Britt, I bet that rain is no match for your red raincoat! I just am sporting my green one here pretty often. And it rains here, IT. RAINS. But I love it, because right now it´s not super cold, windy rain. It´s just a lot of rain. I actually love contacting in the rain. Can you all believe it´s almost Christmas!? Well yeah, there´s November, but it feels suuuper close. I have over 2 months in the field. I can´t really believe that, either. 

Love you all, you hooligans! I hope everything is fantastic and wonderful in your lives, and you find happiness in each day. Because why in the world would you wait to be happy later?

The Savior lives. He knows us, and loves us. The atonement is perfect, and can heal our broken hearts and give us courage to surpass who we are now to become who we want to be. Who Heavenly Father knows we can be. If there are times you can´t quite see who that person is, get right down on your knees and pray. Because Heavenly Father knows you better than you know yourself. As we trust Him, and have the Holy Ghost to be with us, we cannot fail.

Have fun with your fall! I´ll stick to my spring down here :)

Hermana Lovell

No comments:

Post a Comment