Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29th Update

Hello everybody!

Did you know that there are bars around most of the houses, and instead of knocking, we need to yell Allo! At every house? Fun fact about Chile number 1.

We had our first set of interviews with the President. It was pretty great! He got to see Mom and Dad in Buenos Aires for an Area Conference. He and Sister Humphrey said they are such good people, they´re probably already translated. I´ll agree with that :) 

We´re teaching this family, Manuel, Juan Pablo, and Victoria. They´re doing great! They came to church yesterday, and Juan Pablo is all set to do activities with the Young Men.  Members are SO important in missionary work. As missionaries we can do all we can to  teach people of the gospel, but it´s really difficult for both missionaries and new converts if there´s not a good support group of members to help them understand more about being a member of this church. 

We also are teaching Juana and Pedro. They´re a nice old couple. Half of Pedro´s body has paralysis, maybe from a stroke, but they´re learning more and more about the gospel. 

There´s no time for craziness in this world, folks! We can get discouraged, but we never should stay down for long.  There´s too much joy and beauty in this world that we can embrace instead of clinging on to our problems and the past. Also, something else that I´m learning is that there should be a lot more "doing" in this world. Sometimes, I´ve got to make sure that I have everything niiiiice and plaaaanned out before I feel like I can try something out. But there´s really not time for that, sometimes. Sometimes you´ve just gotta go with what you know and feel is right at the time, and make it happen. No matter how long you plan, life will never be perfect. But it can be pretty incredible if we work to enjoy every minute of it! 

Read the Book of Mormon. It makes everything better. :)

Love you all, a whole lot.

Hermana Lovell

PS Happy Halloween! I´d love to see your costumes!

PPS Celeste, Camile, and Kat! I just got your letters. I´m pretty far away from the mission home, but I got them, and I´m sending you letters today!

Press release statement about lowering the age for mission service:

“As Church leaders had anticipated when the change was announced, the number of individuals who have begun the missionary application process has increased significantly. Typically approximately 700 new applications are started each week. The last two weeks that number has increased to approximately 4,000 per week. Slightly more than half of the applicants are women."

Can you believe it!? I sure can. It´s pretty exciting to be apart of mission work right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment