Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 8th Update


General. Conference. Was that epic, or what!?! 

I don´t think anybody saw that announcement about missionaries coming! I think that is the coolest thing ever, personally. Shout out to all my friends who now can go instead of waiting till their 21! Did that blow your minds a little bit? Not sure how to choose what you´re going to do? Well, I know how you feel. But GO! Lizzy, and Calan, and all you crazy wonderful friends. I´ll love you either way, but I know you´ll be fantastic missionaries. But of course it´s your decision. I´d love to know what you choose to do! 

Conference was incredible. There is so much strength hearing our leaders, and having the Holy Ghost teach us exactly what we need to hear. There are so many ways we can be better, find more happiness, when we actually apply what we learned! There´s so much power in faith, and in prayer. I think sometimes we forget how much we become better when we just have the faith to seek it! I want to be better at quieting my mind a little better, and taking advantage of the Gift of the Holy Ghost more.

In between sessions on Sunday, we had a baptism! Everything worked out so that Osvaldo could be baptized and confirmed on the same day. It was a little nerve wracking, but everything worked out. Osvaldo has very advanced cancer, and had to have three people to baptize him to make sure everything worked out okay. It was pretty incredible to help him make this covenant. Now he´s in Santiago at a cancer hospital. He is a pretty incredible example of faith, and the "mighty change of heart."

New companion! Hermana Quiroga from Bolivia. She is awesome. We get along pretty wonderfully. She reminds me of Jessica Ainscough a little bit, for all you Woodscrossians out there. We get lost sometimes because I don´t know the sector 100% awesome yet, but I´m working on it. And she´s great! She just laughs it off. 

I´ve been out away from all you folks for over 3 months, now! Crazy crazy, right? I´m not sure if it feels that long or if it doesn´t. But I do know that I´m so grateful to have this opportunity to grow and to change. Because that is what life is about, right? Life is about changing. Repentance is not something to be afraid of. Repentance is progression. Repentance is our ability to become better than we were yesterday. Thank goodness we have it. 

Thank you so much for your prayers. I feel them, and your love and support. I´m so lucky to have such incredible family and friends to share this life with like you guys! I love you, and I pray for you. Don´t ever forget how incredible you are. I invite you to look back at conference and pick one thing to change, how you´re going to progress in one way. I sure have a lot of ways I want to change! But I know that that is the gift of life. The ability to change. 

Nos vemos! 

Hermana Lovell 

No comments:

Post a Comment