Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 21st Update


¡Oiga!

Hope everything´s going great with you guys. Things are looking a bit better here in Rauquen. It´s always true that after the trial of faith come the blessings! We had 4 investigators in Church yesterday, and we've got a surprise baptism out of nowhere this Saturday! Guillermo. He´s 13 years old, and he´s just super pumped to be baptized  He was almost baptized, but then he moved away. And now he´s back! So, great. 


Here's what I've been learning this week. Being obedient is always important, right? OF COURSE. And we´ll have plenty of circumstances in life to test if we can be obedient or not. Sometimes it´s like, "Oh......this is my test to be obedient.... dang it, okay.....". And then we´ll stay in that situation. And we'll stay being obedient, of course. But then, I was thinking this week that you know what? Maybe Heavenly Father wants that I learn something else, too. I'm being diligent, I´m being obedient... But am I being happy? Am I enjoying my time with the people I´m with? 


I've learned that week, that it is actually possible to be obedient, diligent AND happy! How many times have we been grudgingly obedient, as to " set the good example"? In reality, if you´re unhappy and you´re obedient, you´re probably not the best "light on the hill" for anybody. There is so much happiness and joy in what we know to be right and true. But it´s always our choice to embrace it, and just be happy! Or not. 


I´m so grateful for my opportunity to be on the mission. Really. I feel so close to my Savior, and He carries me through so much. I know that the Lord is teaching me, and changing me to who I need to be for the rest of my life! More or less. At least a rough sketch of it. He´ll give me the trials and challenges I need, all I've got to do is trust Him, and give Him everything I have. I can do that :)


I love you all! Hope your lives are wonderful.


Hermana Lovell

No comments:

Post a Comment