Why a mission?

The gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. I know it's all true, and this knowledge has given me all the wonderful things of this life. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others.

Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7th Update

Hey Family,

I've had a pretty interesting week! It was a little rough. But thank goodness for the rough times, right? That's the best way that we can grow.

Hey! I think I'll tell you a little bit about the things that I've learned. 

 When there are the rough times in life, you've got some choices about how you're going to move on, or get through them. Sure, you can sit around and cry and feel miserable, but that's not exactly the most comfortable way to pass the time. You CAN focus on the things that bring you happiness. You can focus on the gospel. You can focus on your family. I know you guys thought you sent me too many pictures, but man they sure came in handy! 

I think one awesome thing about mistakes is that we can remember how wonderful and real the atonement is! That we can repent, and we come to know our Savior better.

I've gotten to have a little time with Joan and Gary Wilden! Still continuing this crazy interesting coincidence that I'm serving in Vero's ward right now. They've been like a sub Mom and Dad for just a little second. It's pretty much a tender mercy of the Lord that they are here right as things got a little rough, here. Gary even made me some balloon flowers! Those pretty much cure everything, so I'm doing better.

The hard times in life help us focus on the things that matter most, right? I've been listening to "Come, Come Ye Saints" by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and thinking about the pioneers. When they crossed the plains, they couldn't think about the things that didn't really matter. It wasn't really an option. And when we go through turbulent times, we've got to toss "our useless cares" aside like they did. But really, usually it's better that way. Like the refiner's fire, we can throw off the things that don't really matter, and focus our thoughts on the things that do. We can build our testimonies and our relationships with the Lord. We can build our faith on the Savior. We can remember what is really important, and we can throw all of our energies into heading towards those things, and forgetting about the distractions.

I sure love my Savior. I think the darkest times in our lives are when His love can stand out the brightness, if we can just have the courage to look to Him, and become as He would. Thank you all for your examples. I sure love you, too!

Love,

Hermana Lovell 

No comments:

Post a Comment